Thurmalox 245C Primer is a VOC compliant, high temperature, corrosion resistant primer formulated from silicone resins and zinc dust. Thurmalox 245C Primer provides outstanding corrosion protection for metal surfaces operating at temperatures from 500°F (260°C) to 1000°F (538°C), with peaks to 1200°F (648°C). Thurmalox 245C is the primer for Thurmalox 270/290 series heat resistant topcoats.
Thurmalox 245 is the primer for both Thurmalox 270 Series and Thurmalox 290 Aluminum heat resistant topcoats. These primer/topcoat systems have excellent intercoat adhesion and are able to withstand severe thermal shock throughout the entire temperature range.
- Stacks, breechings, boiler casings
- Manifolds, mufflers and exhausts
- Hot piping, process vessels, heat exchangers
- Refinery equipment - heaters, crackers
- Furnaces, ovens
- Air dries
- Withstands continuous temperature of 1000°F (538°C), with peaks to 1200°F (648°C)
- Prevents rusting and streaking of steel during shutdowns
- Easily topcoated with Thurmalox 270/290 Series and Thurmalox 280 Aluminum topcoats
- Excellent intercoat adhesion
- Protects against weathering and corrosion
- Prevents underfilm corrosion attack