Thurmalox 270/290 series coatings are high temperature, fast drying formulations based on silicone resins and thermally stable pigments. They are formulated specifically to protect stoves (wood, coal, gas, pellet, etc.), hearth equipment and other metal surfaces operating at temperatures up to 1200°F (648°C). Thurmalox 270/290 series coatings provide outstanding adhesion, film integrity, color stability and thermal shock resistance throughout this entire temperature range. For exterior applications, use Thumalox 245 Primer on bare metal surface to seal and prevent rust.
- Stoves (wood, coal, pellet, gas, etc.)
- Stove pipe
- Free-standing fireplaces and fireplace inserts
- Fireplace hoods, screens, and accessories
- Furnaces and heaters
- Engines, manifolds, mufflers
- Withstands intense heat to 1200°F (648°C)
- Will not peel, flake or chalk
- Won’t bleach or discolor
- Withstands repeated thermal cycling
- Dries for handling in 15 minutes
- Available in quarts and gallons
- Resistant to scratching and marring
Thurmalox 270/290 series coatings are available in multiple colors.
Not Recommended For:
- Immersion service
- Direct contact with flame
- Cooking surfaces
- Porcelain surfaces
- To ensure optimum long term coating system performance, surfaces must be clean, dry and free from dirt, oil grease, salts, welding flux, oxides, old paint or other foreign matter.
- Prepare surface by power washing, vapor degreasing, solvent cleaning or other chemical and mechanical methods.
- Surface cleaning methods recommended will depend upon type of foreign matter to be removed and condition of substrate. Consult Dampney Technical Service for specific recommendations.
Shake can vigorously for one minute until mixing ball begins to rattle.
- Hold can no closer than 10-12 inches from surface to be sprayed.
- Apply two light coats, allowing 10 minutes drying time between coats. Clean spray head immediately after use by turning can upside down and spraying until no more paint appears. If clogging occurs, remove spray head and clean with a fine wire. Replace carefully, pointing can and spray head opening away from you.
- The number of coats of Thurmalox 270 series coatings needed depends upon service conditions of equipment.
Thurmalox 270 series coatings will air dry tack and thumb print free in 15 minutes and will dry hard in 8 to 12 hours. Allow 1 hour minimum dry time between coats at 70°F (21°C) and 1/2 hour minimum dry time between coats at 90°F (32°C). Coating has excellent recoat properties. Heat curing will provide optimum film properties. Provide ventilation when firing unit for the first time after painting.
Clean up tools with acetone, MEK or toluene.
Store in cool, dry place with temperature between 50°F and 100°F (10°C and 38°C).
WARNING: Flammable Liquid and Vapor Keep away from heat, sparks and flame. Vapors may cause flash fire. Do not breathe vapors or spray mist. Avoid contact with eyes, skin and clothing. Use with adequate ventilation during mixing and application. Observe all safety precautions and follow procedures described in OSHA regulations. Do not paint on hot surfaces.
||Thurmalox 270/290 Aerosol
||Black, Satin Black and custom colors (see stove paint colors at www.Net4Sale.com)
||Low sheen, satin black, metallic and clear gloss
|Theoretical coverage per 12 oz. can
||18-25 square feet per can
|Application temperature @ 50% RH
|Drying time @ 70°F (21°C) 50% RH
||fire unit for full cure (after 24 hour air dry)